Shopify’s New Automated Gifting Process: Lookbooks
ShopMy’s New Automated Gifting Process: Lookbooks
ShopMy has made it easier than ever to send product to talent. See an overview of the feature here.
Learn our new way of gifting and how to set it up in less than 5 minutes using this guide.
What are Lookbooks?
The new Lookbooks feature simplifies the influencer gifting process for brands and creators. Brands can effortlessly create digital product catalogs and send them to targeted influencers, while creators can conveniently select the products they want to try. This streamlined approach makes product seeding more straightforward, boosts engagement, and most importantly, leads to time and cost savings for brands, all while ensuring transparency in gifting campaigns.
An All Inclusive Guide to Lookbooks:
Why Do Lookbooks Matter?
Product seeding typically operates as a highly manual process, characterized by extensive communication between your team and content creators. It often operates independently from the efficiently streamlined consumer fulfillment processes and is typically managed by an in-house PR or influencer team or outsourced to external agencies. Lookbooks presents significant opportunities for improvement and optimization.
How Does the Automated Process Work?
The Automated Brand Experience
- Choose products from your digital catalog and craft a personalized "Lookbook" for sending to talent.
- Edit a Lookbook, including the ability to modify or delete sizes, colors, and variations.
- Enhance a Lookbook by adding cover images and providing it with a detailed description.
- Distribute Lookbooks to targeted creators on ShopMy through our bulk-message feature.
- You can also reach creators outside the platform by inputting their email addresses. Creators will need to make an account before ordering from the Lookbook.
- Limit the number of products a creator can receive by item count or spending cap (ex. max 3 products or a gifting value of $300, whichever comes first).
Brand Experience FAQ’s
The Automated Creator Experience
- Creators receive a push notification and email alert when a new Lookbook arrives.
- They can browse through the Lookbook and make their selections based on preference.
View the video in step 4 below to see the user side
- Creators input their shipping address and an email for confirmation.
- Upon submitting the order, a $0 transaction is sent to the brand's POS system. For Shopify-based brands, this process is automated. For others, the order is marked as pending until our team manually places it. We will either deduct the amount from the brand's budget or charge them at month-end with a nominal fee for advance funding.
- Tracking information is forwarded to creators as soon as the order ships, complete with a link to track the package via the courier's website (e.g., FedEx).
- Creators can generate affiliate links directly from the order status page, and if their social media accounts are not yet linked, we prompt them to do so.
Creators will be able to see the order status of the product they chose and when it will arrive.
Creator Experience FAQ’s
What Are the Benefits of Lookbooks?
- Save Time and Effort
- Eliminate time consuming steps regarding product preferences, sizes, or variations
- Orders are automatically generated and seamlessly processed through the standard customer pipeline
- Increases Creator Engagement
- Streamlined in-app checkout for talent.
- Automatic creation of affiliate links for talent.
- Effortless sharing of tracking information with talent, ensuring easy access
- Cost Efficiency
- Eliminate unnecessary waste by sending only the items that influencers genuinely wish to purchase
- Increased Transparency
- Simplify ROI calculations for your gifting campaigns, providing clear insights into their effectiveness
How to Get Started
Setup requires your brand to set up an app to your Shopify store. Follow the steps below for set-up and our team will contact you for next steps:
- Follow the instructions here
- Send the following information to your Success Manager or email email@example.com
- SHOP NAME: Example: shop-my-app
- API SECRET KEY: Example: 0a27b3d915601214a08cdc5fa8cf01d3
- ADMIN API ACCESS TOKEN: shpat_92054e419069371b55ab789c45b35
- The ShopMy team will confirm within one business day that your Lookbooks are set-up and ready for testing
Questions? Reach out to your Success Manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.t here
On thi page